Come join a large, multi-state, organization in their 600 person Information Services Department where they maintain clinical and business systems dedicated to providing a secure, effective, integrated patient care delivery system that continually improves outcomes, reduces costs, increases efficiency and enhances patients’ experiences. Our client provides technology systems and services for 32 of the system’s 45 campuses, supporting caregivers at those facilities.
The position will work closely with Cerner’s reporting platform to build and modify reports to meet the business user’s needs. The reporting applications provides data elements that are provided in friendly end user format and then can be utilized to build standard reports or to create ad hoc analysis as required.
The Discern Analytics Engineer (DAE) is responsible to understand and apply technology tools, systems, policies and processes that are required to ensure the protection of system data assets, Protected Health Information (PHI) and all forms of personal identity information.
This position will perform all procedures necessary for the secure operation, reliability and integrity of any data provided to our facilities or vendors across multiple Revenue and Clinical applications. This will include development, implementation, standardized coding documentation, appropriate testing techniques, structured troubleshooting techniques and quality assurance processes. The DAE is responsible to adhere to company policies and procedures in regard to data transmissions, development or maintenance requests.
The DAE will work directly with the user community and clinical application teams to develop guidelines, processes, and infrastructure to accommodate user data needs. Knowledge of change control policies and procedures are required to ensure that the user community understands the necessary procedures to maintain best practices for delivering requested data needs. The DAE will conduct routine code auditing and evaluations as requested and provide management with appropriate assessments and recommendations.
Facilitates team meetings effectively.
Holds regular status meetings with project team.
Keeps project team informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news. Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
Client / Customer Management
Leads day-to-day client/customer interaction.
Sets and manages expectations.
Develops lasting relationships with client/customer personnel that foster ties.
Communicates effectively with clients/customer to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen relationships.
• Experience with Cerner’s Millennium suite
• Bachelor's Degree with a Minimum of 3 years of experience or Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a CIS/HIS Programmer Analyst
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex systems problems, and ability to prioritize, manage, and implement complex projects
• Ability to work with a variety of groups and multidisciplinary teams, including managers, clinical/nursing staff and technical personnel
• Ability to comprehend complex technical and logic flows.
• Knowledge of appropriate programming languages and structured programming techniques.
• Knowledge of relational database principles and concepts
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and procedures.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through written and verbal communications.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Plus: Clinical background with nursing applications
• Plus: Knowledge of CCL and Discern Rules
• Plus: Knowledge of the Cerner data model
• Plus: Knowledge of Discern Analytics
Our client offers above average benefits including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Days Off (above average from the start)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
If you are interested in this role, please email your resume to the link provided for consideration.
Want to find out about other job orders? Here are some methods:
- Follow our company page on LinkedIn OR Join the National Talent Finder group on Linked-In
- Just search under groups and/or companies for National Talent Finder.
- Follow us on Twitter @NTFinder to see all of our open roles on your phone!
Keywords: Cerner Millennium, CIS / HIS Program Analyst, Change Control, Code Audit, Data Model, Discern Rules.