This is an exciting opportunity to join a medical center known for operational and technical excellence.
The individual hired for this position will maintain general management responsibility for the Inpatient and Outpatient Patient Financials encompassing the revenue cycle focused on patient management and patient financials. The Manager of Patient Financials will lead a team of about 10 direct reports, including two team leads and will report to the Director. Also will be responsible to ensure the appropriate allocation of resources, facilitate customer service, and maintain excellent working relationships with IT teams and other departments. The Manager will provide strategic direction through collaboration with the Director to research future solutions, work closely with vendors, affiliates and other peer institutions to assess potential solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance or relevant work experience.
- Five years of directly related experience.
- Advanced training and/or job experience in Patient Financials areas.
- Training in project management methodology and tools.
- Experience working with HIPAA, CMS, and other governmental regulations specific to Patient Financials systems.
- Working knowledge of revenue cycle workflow and processes.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant Epic Certifications.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledgeable of 6-Sigma.
- Process improvement experience.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Project Management Office by serving as primary contact for Patient Financials projects.
- Determines and implements new functionality or modifications based on input from IT teams, operations and clinical departments.
- Defines work priorities and allocation of resources.
- Manages the Change Control process for Patient Financials.
- Maintains licensing agreements. Researches licensing options. Coordinates all licensing activity with the IT Administrator.
- Builds and facilitates the Information Technology team by ensuring staff participation in projects and interactions with other Information Technology areas.
- Provides assistance and serves as liaison to the various operations and clinical departments.
- Consults with personnel in the operations and clinical departments to coordinate activities.
- Directs work activities of the department, reviews and evaluates their work, and prepares annual performance appraisals.
- Serves as a mentor to employees by furthering their skill sets and developing their abilities to perform assignments.
- Promotes excellent customer service.
- Researches and develops options for future technologies.
- In coordination with the Executive Manager, develops and monitors the department budget.
- Prepares status reports.
- Maintains EPM for team specific projects and tasks.
- Maintains up to date functional and technical knowledge through training or self-study.
- Maintains an active role in the Epic and other vendor User's Groups.
If you are interested in this role, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Want to find out about other job orders? Here are some methods:
-Follow our company page on Linked-In OR Join the National Talent Finder group on Linked-In
-Just search under groups and/or companies for National Talent Finder.
-Follow us on Twitter @NTFinder to see all of our open roles on your phone!!
Keywords: epic, financials, manage, manager, lead