Project Manager, Healthcare IT Applications needed for a permanent role in the South.
The Project Manager, IT Applications is responsible for managing the development and implementation of major clinical, business and/or administrative application systems within a hospital (Epic, PeopleSoft, Oracle, EPSI, Business Object). The Project Manager will be responsible for planning projects and managing the delivery of technology-enabled solutions. The functions performed include developing and executing Project Statement of Work, developing and managing project plans, identifying risk, coaching and development of project personnel as needed, coordination of user participation in projects, supervising consultants assigned to projects, coordination with the PMO other IT departments on cross-departmental projects or tasks, leading process redesign to improve organizational efficiency, providing the Project Director, the Project Management Office and executive management with regular updates on project status and information for decision making.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Healthcare Information Management, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- 7 years managing large, multi-disciplinary projects
- 5 years management experience
- PMP certification highly preferred
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as central point of contact for all project activities
- Manages the day-to-day tasks/activities for all resources assigned to project. This includes ensuring that tasks are completed on time and roadblocks and/or obstacles are identified and communicated to appropriate management resources.
- Alerts Directors/Managers and/or Project Owners/Sponsors on actions that can impact project schedule, costs, or quality of deliverable
- Provides necessary information to Directors/Managers and Project Owners/Sponsors to make project relevant decisions (Scope, Technical Solutions, Budget, Schedule).
- Work with vendors, based on requirements from Project Owners/Sponsors, Managers/Directors. Define timeline and deliverables. Manage vendors to meet the deadlines and develop quality deliverables. Ensure integration and communication across project team and vendors
- Ensures that project requests are properly documented and obtain management approvals
- Ensures that project plans, including Statement of Work and Project Schedules, are developed, approved and maintained. This entails defining requirements and planning deliverables and tasks required to meet those requirements.
- Ensures that project budget is developed and revised as needed.
- Ensures that project communication is regularly occurring between Information Technology, End User Community and Vendors. Also ensures that project communication is occurring between IT teams responsible for the project along with management. Ensures that status reports are filled out completely and accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensures that project documentation is updated as needed, including scope, schedule and budget.
- Identify and communicate all project change requests to appropriate management levels. Also responsible for the assessment of changes to the project from a resource, schedule and budget standpoint.
- Take initiative to proactively identify and mitigate project risks
- Identify and communicate all project issues to appropriate management levels. Ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Proactively communicate to all the stakeholders keeping stakeholder's needs and requirement continuously in view.